ServiceMaster of Rochester

ServiceMaster of Rochester | News & Tips

Don’t Let a Fire Ruin Your Holiday Season; Find Professional Fire Damage Cleanup Help in St. Charles, MN

December 6th, 2018 · No Comments

Candles warmly lit, fireplaces aglow, trees with bright lights, and space heaters to keep you warm are all wonderful features of winter and the holiday season. While these things give your cozy St. Charles, MN, home a beautiful glow, the ambience can quickly take a turn and you may find yourself needing fire damage cleanup help.

 

The frigid winters in Minnesota are known for keeping many of us indoors. We fend off the winter chill with layers, furnaces, fireplaces, and space heaters, but sometimes these items can get too hot. Many of the heaters we use to keep us warm can lead to house fires if we’re not careful. Coupled with the candles and lights we use to decorate for the holidays, the number of house fires actually goes up around this time of year. The fire damage cleanup professionals at ServiceMaster of Rochester want to help you stay safe this winter by sharing the top fire hazards during the winter and holiday season!

 

  1. Christmas trees. If you enjoy the look and smell of a real Christmas tree, by all means, purchase one. But be careful when wrapping it with lights and be certain to keep your tree watered. It’s also important to keep the tree away from fireplaces, space heaters, and candles.
  2. Candles. Candles are beautiful when lit and give a warm, cozy, and even romantic feeling to the atmosphere. However, never leave candles unattended and never place them near newspapers, curtains, or other flammable items.
  3. Chimneys and fireplaces. Who doesn’t enjoy sitting by the fire with loved ones or relaxing with a good book? Have your chimney cleaned and inspected each year by a professional, and keep the fireplace screen in place to prevent flying embers. Have Christmas stockings hanging from the mantle? Please take a minute and remove them before starting the fireplace.
  4. Space heaters. If your home doesn’t include a fireplace, perhaps you’ve purchased a space heater for those colder days and evenings. Use heaters wisely and keep papers, furniture, bedding, and curtains a good distance to prevent fire.
  5. Stoves and ovens. The holidays are a time to cook, bake, grill, and make meals for family get-togethers or a night in with friends. When cooking on the stove, stay nearby and never leave a fire or pot unattended. Do not wear loose clothing that could catch fire and keep an eye on food in the oven.
  6. Smoke alarms. Last, if you do not have smoke alarms in your home, install them. If smoke alarms are already placed appropriately throughout your home, be certain to check the batteries at least twice per year and test the alarm to be sure it works.

 

If you are looking for a bright and cheery holiday season, be cautious and be safe. Take heed to a few safety tips when preparing and enjoying time with family and friends. Should you experience the unfortunate event of a house fire and need fire damage cleanup services in St. Charles, MN, contact ServiceMaster of Rochester. Our trained, reliable, and professional staff stand ready to get you back on your feet again, so you can enjoy the holidays and get back to life as normal. We’re available 24/7/365, so just give us a call at (507) 282-5747 or visit us here for immediate assistance!

Tags: Fire Damage · Fire Damage Restoration ·


 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *